1. Research a procedure (such as IV, Central lines, PEG tube feedings, etc.) through scholarly websites such as the CDC or Joint Commission to obtain the steps to this procedure (please do not use webMD, etc.)
2. Find an evidence-based practice article about the procedure.
3. Find the hospital's protocol for the procedure; ask RNs on the unit where to find the policy and procedure, and how the policy/procedure (or any new procedure) is disseminated to staff on the unit.
4. Compare and contrast the steps listed in the hospital's procedure with how other RNs perform the procedure. If there are deviations from the written protocol, what are they and why do the nurses deviate from the written protocol?
5. Compare and contrast the hospital's protocol with the information found in the evidence-based practice article.
6. Submit a summary of the article on evidence-based practice in the discussion forum area; include written reflections about the assignment, including challenges regarding implementing evidence-based practice in the clinical setting. Post your summary in the discussion forum area. Your submission must reflect critical thinking regarding the experience and include a minimum of 200 words and one scholarly reference. You must cross post to a minimum of one peer.